Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Where To Buy Alginate To Make A Tooth

The Tripura tribes in the Bandarban Hill Tracts

On the last day of my stay in Bangladesh I decided, in the tribal areas of Bandarban break Hill Tracts. But I had to ask for a day before a permit and specifically send a fax to the local District Commissioner.
Then it was early morning start on the wild ride into the mountainous jungle hinterland of Bangladesh. When I arrived there I found myself once again in good company.

Two young locals asked if they should accompany me a little far. I did not mind, and the two were the best I could have happened. They were quickly exposed as a reliable and knowledgeable local guides, who had a fun and were proud to be able to lead me around. Finally It was a whole day that the two spent with me. Just like that!

They led me on an hours-long jungle hike through the river beds and on hills with spectacular views, but above all by the isolated mountain villages Tripurastämme. Completely isolated these people live in the simplest and Basthüttchen potter to himself. The women of Tripura carry very heavy jewelry, and spend the most time with the weaving of carpets. The children began almost to cry when she saw me and looked at the sight of me quickly run away. Must have been located at my unkempt hair;)

Following on the sweaty hike I came, once again, not an invitation to a sumptuous meal around. And so ate, showered and I recovered from the warm family of one of the two boys.

A beautiful day it was.

Your David

0 comments:

Post a Comment